One more is never enough, and that is particularly true when it comes to sourdough recipes! If learning how to bake delicious sourdough is your goal, this list is exactly what you're looking for! I've rounded up my Top 10 Sourdough Recipes Every Baker Needs!
These are recipes that have been tried by thousands of sourdough bakers, each with varying levels of experience. Whether you are brand new or a seasoned pro, keep reading for the best sourdough recipes you need to have! If you're ready to learn, I can help you, too!
Okay, so confession, these are actually just my favorite sourdough recipes plus the top shared recipes on my site, but they should be yours too. Made with the most basic ingredients of flour, water, salt, plus whatever ingredient friends make their way to the party, these are hands down the 10 sourdough recipes that every baker needs!
As an amazon associate, this post contains affiliate links, which means I make a small commission at no extra cost to you. See my full disclosure here.
- 1. How to Make a Sourdough Starter
- 2. How to Bake a Loaf of Sourdough Bread
- 3. 5 Ingredient Sourdough Baguettes
- 4. Sourdough Coffee Cake (Made with Discard)
- 5. French Sourdough Bâtard
- 6. Sourdough Bread Pudding
- 8. Cheesy Sourdough Crackers (another easy discard recipe!)
- 9. Cinnamon Crunch Sourdough Bagels: A Panera Copycat Recipe
- 10. Soft Sourdough Sandwich Bread
- Bonus 11. Fluffy Sourdough Pancakes
- That's a wrap!
- Here is a swipe-through web story to bookmark & share!
- All things bread & sourdough recipes:
Okay, so this isn't technically a sourdough recipe. But, if you are wanting to start up your own little sourdough bakery in your kitchen, how to make a sourdough starter is the most basic thing you need to master! Hundreds of people have created their own sourdough starters using my recipe, and I can confidently say this is the only tutorial you'll ever need.
This magnificent artisan loaf (trust me, I'm not overselling it when I use the M word... ha!) is mixed and proofed in 1 bowl with just 3 ingredients. Plus it's soft on the inside with fluffy air bubbles and the crust has that perfect sourdough bite. So you know I’m eating at least 3 slices 🙂 Once you master this, you've mastered sourdough bread forever. The end.
Heads up, this is a really easy recipe! These 5 Ingredient Sourdough Baguettes are perfect for hot dog buns, dipping bread or a charcuterie-ready crostini. Our oldest is just hitting the teenage years and loves it when I make a batch of these baguettes in a 6 inch size for him to make really meaty sandwiches with. Personally, I'm more of a hearty soup, fancy salad and a chunk of baguette kind of girl.
If you have a sourdough starter, you also are building up a stash of discard that can be used in tons of tasty recipes. This Sourdough Coffee Cake is a discard recipe that is so incredibly easy to make. I use a 10" cast iron skillet for mine, but you can use a pie pan or 8" baking dish. It's kinda like a funnel cake meets a donut, but in a really good way.
She may not be beautiful, but she's damn good. Slather on some syrup and maybe a dusting of powdered sugar and you will be in love.
Listen, I am NOT fancy (or French) and I make this honey-infused batard weekly–no joke. And you should too. If you are paying close attention, you'll notice that this is the same ingredients (plus honey) as my standard sourdough loaf. Did it need it's own separate recipe? Yup. Let me just say, it’s well deserved.
Once you start baking sourdough bread, you'll eventually find yourself with some leftovers that have gone stale. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT, throw it out! Stale bread makes the best bread pudding! Slather it with whipped cream and a drizzle of Homemade Caramel Sauce and trust me, if I could eat this every day I would.
Keep using up that discard! These naturally fermented crackers taste just like a Cheez-It. Dress them up with Everything But the Bagel Seasoning or finely chopped fresh garden herbs.
Bagels are cool, but cinnamon crunch bagels are next level! Make a double batch of these and pop them in the freezer for easy grab-and-go breakfasts. This recipe can also be made without the cinnamon sugar crust if you just want a plain sourdough bagel!
Sourdough sandwich breads can be tough to master because the crust always wants to go a little too crispy. I've got you covered with this one! By baking this sandwich bread in a pullman pan, the edges come out perfectly. It's the closest to store-bought sandwich bread that you'll ever find in a homemade recipe!
I wanted to stop at 10, I really did. But these pancakes are such a staple in my kitchen that I felt they needed a spot on this sourdough recipe roundup. Are they fancy? No. But you can mix them up a up to 3 days ahead of time and store the batter in the fridge until you're ready to bake pancakes. Fluffy and light, these also make great freezer grab-and-go breakfasts! Heat them up in a toaster on your way out the door.
That's a wrap!
Now I need your help. Going into fall, aka the unofficial baking season, I want to make sure I'm sharing recipes that YOU want to bake. So tell me what you want. More chocolate? Easier recipes? Healthy? Indulgent? One pot hearty suppers? Garden-to-table recipes? Canning or preserving?
Let me know your feedback in the comments!
Much love, friends! - Meg
Here is a swipe-through web story to bookmark & share!
All things bread & sourdough recipes:
- 15 Easy Sourdough Discard Pancake Recipes
- Soft Sourdough Pretzel Recipe
- Italian Grinder Pizza
- Cranberry Orange Sourdough Scones
- How to make the best sourdough pie crust
- Lemon sourdough scones recipe
- Easy Chocolate Pecan Pie Recipe (no corn syrup)
- Homemade Sourdough Croutons (Easy 4 Ingredient Recipe!)
- How to score sourdough bread: Tips, Techniques & Pictures!
- 5 Ingredient Sourdough Baguettes
- How to Make a Sourdough Batard Bread Recipe
- How to Make a Sourdough Starter
- easy sourdough english muffin recipe with discard
- where to store bread in the kitchen
- Choosing a Grain Mill for Making Flour at Home
- Easy Sourdough Sandwich bread: a Pullman loaf recipe
- Perfect Sourdough Bread Pudding Recipe
- sourdough French toast
- blueberry sourdough coffee cake
- Homemade Sourdough Tortillas(Sourdough Flour Tortilla Recipe without Lard)